Thursday, August 11, 2016

Don’t Let The Wise Boast In Their Wisdom, Or The Powerful Boast In Their Power, Or The Rich Boast In Their Riches.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Don’t Let The Wise Boast In Their Wisdom,
Or The Powerful Boast In Their Power,
Or The Rich Boast In Their Riches. 


Scripture

Jeremiah 9

23 This is what the Lord says:
“Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom,
    or the powerful boast in their power,
    or the rich boast in their riches.


24 But those who wish to boast
    should boast in this alone:
that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord
    who demonstrates unfailing love
    and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth,
and that I delight in these things.
    I, the Lord, have spoken!


Observation

The moment someone says something about us in a positive way is the very moment when we need to think of Jeremiah 9:23-24 because pride has a way of messing everything up and especially messing us up.

There is only one thing, or better yet there is only One Person to ever boast about and His name is Jesus! You and I are sinners. We are broken. And in our brokenness and humbleness is where God can do His work. 

I just came back from a breakfast meeting with some of the men that are leading out at Christ Fellowship. It is amazing to me to see how God is using each one of them to minister to different people in our fellowship.

Each one of them is gifted in a very special unique way, but none of them can boast in that uniqueness. We can only boast in our relationship with Jesus.

Pride has a way of creeping into our lives.

Dr. Waylon B. Moore gave me this advice and so I will give it to you, “Never take a pat on the back unless it is way down low.”

Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Proverbs 11:2


Application


I will memorize this verse and strive to put it into practice, “He must increase, but I must decrease.” John 3:30 How about you? 


Prayer

Heavenly Father, forgive me for thinking that I am something when I am not. I realize that anything good in me is because of Jesus Christ. I pray John 3:30 and I ask You to help me decrease so Jesus can increase and shine in my life. Be glorified in and through me today. I pray for those close to me who are going through sickness. I pray that Your power will be evident in their lives. I pray for healing. You are All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for you! You are Healer. You are the Mighty God. Awesome is Your Power!


Daily Bible Reading:  Jeremiah 7,8,9; John 13





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: