Sunday, August 28, 2016

I Pray To You, O LORD, My Rock, … For If You Are Silent, I Might As Well Give Up And Die.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Pray To You, O LORD, My Rock, …
For If You Are Silent,
I Might As Well Give Up And Die. 


Scripture

Psalm 28

I pray to you, O Lord, my rock.
    Do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you are silent,
    I might as well give up and die.


Observation

You and I could learn a lot about prayer just by reading what King David shared when he wrote the Psalms. 

Most of the Psalms are his prayers to God. 

And most of the time he was caught in desperate life and death situations! 

Just listen to the confidence that he has in his God a few verses later when he writes, 

Praise the Lord! For he has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. The Lord gives his people strength.” (vv 6-8) 


 Maybe you and I just need to camp in the Psalms for a few days and pray them back to the Lord.



Application

I will pray parts of Psalm 28 back to the Lord this morning. How about you?


Prayer

I pray to you, O Lord, my rock. Do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you are silent,
I might as well give up and die.  Listen to my prayer for mercy as I cry out to you for help, as I lift my hands toward your holy sanctuary. I will praise You Lord! For You have heard my cry for mercy. You are my strength and shield. I will trust You with all my heart. You help me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. The Lord gives me strength. 


Psalm 28:1-2, 6-8 Personalized



Daily Bible Reading:  Ezekiel 1,2,3; Revelation 2, Psalm 28, Psalm 128; Proverbs 28




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: