Saturday, July 30, 2016

From His Abundance We Have All Received One Gracious Blessing After Another


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

From His Abundance
We Have All Received
One Gracious Blessing After Another




Scripture

John 1

16 From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another.

Observation

God is good! All the time! All the time! God is good! 

I love it when I ask some people at Mission Tampa how they are doing and they respond back to me, “I am blessed and highly favored!” 

I love it because it is so true! 

I have been reading about the life of missionary Hudson Taylor. Take a minute and Google his name and read about his amazing life of faith. 

He was a man of prayer and was mightily used by God in the nation of China. 

Once when he was at a hard place financially he wrote in a letter to his sister, “We have 27 cents in our account and all the promises of God”. 

You and I are so blessed. Let’s not focus on what we don’t have. 

Let’s meditate today on the goodness of our Heavenly Father. “From His abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another”!

Application

I am thanking God today for His goodness. Why don’t you do the same?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it doesn’t matter how much money Kathy and I have or don’t have in our bank account because we have all of Your promises and we know that we can count on every single one of them. We can hold on to them tightly. They are secure. You are totally trustworthy. As I read about men and women like Hudson Taylor, E M Bounds, Andrew Murray, George Mueller, John Wesley, Corrie Ten Boom, Lottie Moon, and William Carey it encourages me to be like them when it comes to prayer. Don’t let me doubt Your promise to me in John 14:13, “And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.”

   


Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 60,61,62; John 1


> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!



> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: