Tuesday, July 12, 2016

He Will Come Again, Not To Deal With Our Sins, But To Bring Salvation To All Who Are Eagerly Waiting For Him.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

He Will Come Again, Not To Deal With Our Sins,
But To Bring Salvation
To All Who Are Eagerly Waiting For Him.



Scripture

Hebrews 9

27 And just as each person is destined to die once and after that comes judgment,
 
28 so also Christ was offered once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him.

Observation

I talked to a fascinating man yesterday at Mission Tampa. When I asked him the 2 questions that I always ask someone who is new or at least they are someone that I haven’t yet had the chance to talk with he answered those 2 questions just like most people.

He said that he would go to “Heaven” when he died and he said that he had definitely been good enough since he got out of prison and he thought that since he was now being very good that God would let him into Heaven.

You see he had been really bad as a youth (those were his words) and had murdered someone.

Since he got out of prison since 2002 he has been a really good person. Of course, you know what I told him. I told him that neither of us could ever be good enough to get into Heaven. We are guilty of sin and the punishment we deserve is death, both physical death and spiritual death.

I told him what God offers us is like someone telling the judge that they would take the punishment for what he did wrong and the judge setting him free because someone else was willing to pay the penalty.

Everyone is destined to die and after that comes judgment.

Are your sins forgiven? Have you received Christ’s gift of forgiveness?

Unless you and I receive Christ and His gift of forgiveness then you can be sure that you and I will die in our sins and the only thing we have to look forward to is a terrible judgment.

    "I assure you, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life. John 5:24

Application

I am not afraid to die. I know that what I have in store for me is far greater than I could ever imagine! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I do pray for this man and I ask that You give him spiritual understanding so that he can put his faith and his trust in Jesus Christ for his salvation. Help him to understand that he needs to be set free from the penalty of his sins. Thank You for giving me Eternal life. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 11,12,13,14; Hebrews 9




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: