Friday, July 01, 2016

He Saved Us, Not Because Of The Righteous Things We Had Done, But Because Of His Mercy


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

He Saved Us,
Not Because Of The Righteous Things We Had Done,
But Because Of His Mercy





Scripture

Titus 3:5-7

He saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.
 
He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior.
 
Because of his grace he made us right in his sight and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life.

Observation

Maybe you are like most people in this world and you think that you have to be good and do good things to get God’s approval and if you are good enough and get God’s approval then He will let you into Heaven.

If that is the way you believe then you believe just like most people out walking on any street in America. It might sound logical, but the Bible instructs us that there is another way; in fact the Bible tells us that there is only one way – Jesus!

You and I are not perfect. No matter how good you are and know matter how good I am we are not perfect. The Bible says that you and I are sinners. Maybe you sin less than me and maybe I sin more than you, but we are both sinners.

It only takes “one sin” in our lives for us to be “sinners”.  “For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God’s laws.” James 2:10

So if we can’t be good enough to get into Heaven or good enough to have a relationship with God then how can we ever get into Heaven, and how can we ever have a personal relationship with God?

Jesus Christ came to planet Earth to fix that problem. He came to do something for us that we cannot do for ourselves. He came to live a sinless life and that is just what He did.

For the 33 years that Jesus Christ walked this earth He never sinned one time. He was perfect. He allowed Himself to be arrested, tortured, and killed on a cross. He died as a “Perfect Sacrifice” and He died in our place.

You and I deserve death, both physical and spiritual death because of our sinful lives, but Jesus Christ has died in our place to pay the penalty (the death sentence) for our sins.  His sinless life in exchange for our sinful lives.

So Jesus saves us, not because of the righteous things that we have done, but because of His mercy. His “Mercy” means that He does not give us what we deserve. We all deserve to go to Hell.

His “Grace” gives us what we don’t deserve. None of us deserve to go to Heaven or have Eternal Life!

Does that make sense to you?

If you have questions – send me a private message and let’s talk!

Application

I am thankful that God open my spiritual eyes to understand what Jesus Christ did for me on the cross. How about you? Do you know Him?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me Eternal Life. I don’t deserve it. I know that I am a sinner. Thank You Lord for forgiving me of all my sins and giving me what I don’t deserve – Eternal Life and thank You for not giving me what I do deserve – Eternal judgment – Hell. Open the spiritual eyes of anyone that may be reading this blog this morning and help them to see that Jesus has provided the Way for them to have a personal relationship with You. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Isaiah 1,2,3; Titus 3



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: