Thursday, July 21, 2016

Anyone Who Lives The Way God Wants Can Pray, And Great Things Will Happen


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Anyone Who Lives The Way God Wants
Can Pray,
And Great Things Will Happen


Scripture

James 5

13 Are you having troubles? You should pray. Are you happy? You should sing.
 
14 Are you sick? Ask the elders of the church to come and rub oil on you in the name of the Lord and pray for you.
 
15 If such a prayer is offered in faith, it will heal anyone who is sick. The Lord will heal them. And if they have sinned, he will forgive them.

16 So always tell each other the wrong things you have done. Then pray for each other. Do this so that God can heal you. 

Anyone who lives the way God wants can pray, and great things will happen.
 
17 Elijah was a person just like us. He prayed that it would not rain. And it did not rain on the land for three and a half years! 18 Then Elijah prayed that it would rain. And the rain came down from the sky, and the land grew crops again. 

Observation

The prayer of a godly person is powerful. Things happen because of it. A godly person is a person that lives the way God wants. It is a person that strives to put God first in his or her life everyday. Godly doesn’t mean perfect.

Elijah was a person just like us (I am quoting James 5:17) and look what happened when he prayed. 

This is how you and I can have a prayer life that is powerful and effective, by living our lives the way God wants. 

When we do great things will happen! We have God’s Word on that!

I also read this morning in 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles how King Hezekiah prayed and asked for God’s help. Sennacherib, the great king of Assyria, had taunted King Hezekiah and had insulted and ridiculed the nation of Judah’s dependence on their God, ridiculed them for trusting in their God to save them. 

King Hezekiah and the prophet Isaiah prayed and in one night the angel of the Lord went into the camp of the Assyrians and he put to death 185,000 people.  So the Lord defeated the Assyrian army and King Sennacherib returned to his palace where his two sons murdered him just as the prophet Isaiah said would happen. 

Application

I will strive to live the way God wants me to live. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, when I read Your Word I marvel at how You worked in and through the lives of people like Isaiah, King Hezekiah, and James the brother of Jesus. And I know that You can work in my life just like You did in their lives if I will live the way You want me to live.

 Help me to live my life in a way that pleases You. Don’t let me do stupid sins that keep me from experiencing all the good things that You have for me to experience. I want to pray to You knowing that great things will happen when I pray. 


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Kings 18,19; 2 Chronicles 32; James 5




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: