Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A Bowl Of Vegetables With Someone You Love Is Better Than Steak With Someone You Hate.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

A Bowl Of Vegetables
With Someone You Love
Is Better Than Steak With Someone You Hate.


Scripture

Proverbs 15

17 A bowl of vegetables with someone you love
    is better than steak with someone you hate.


Observation

Valentine’s Day at the Williams’ house was pretty simple. We dined out. 

We dined outside on a card table decorated with a plastic heart tablecloth with a heart shaped candle providing some light. 

Love songs serenaded us, provided by Pandora on my I pad. No we didn’t just eat a bowl of vegetables together, it was way better than that! 

But what made it special was not the food that we were eating. No, what made it special for me was the lady that was in my presence! 

Celebrating special days never grows old at our house! Kathy loves making special days, special! 

Our next special day – we are going to the State Fair on Friday!


John 13

34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.

Proverbs 5:18

Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you. Rejoice in the wife of your youth.

Ephesians 5

25 For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her

Application

I will enjoy spending time with the wife of youth this week!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I realize that what I have is very special. You have given me a special gift. I don’t deserve a wife like Kathy. You really are a God of grace. Thank You for blessing me with such a wonderful partner. I would rather eat a bowl of vegetables with Kathy than have steak dinner with anyone else. I pray for anyone that may be reading this blog this morning. Help them to have this kind of love for his or her spouse. You modeled for us how we are to love one another. Help us to love others, especially our spouse, with Your Agape love.



Daily Bible Reading:  Leviticus 25; Psalms 25,26; Acts 22; Psalm 15, Psalm 115; Proverbs 15




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: