Saturday, February 11, 2017

For Apart From Me You Can Do Nothing


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

For Apart From Me
You
Can Do Nothing





Scripture

John 15

“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.

But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!
 
When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father.

Observation

Why is it so important for you and me to get up every morning and spend time with God in His Word? 

Two reasons for doing so pop up out of these verses: 

First, unless we are connected to the Vine, we can do NOTHING! 

Second, when we are connected to the Vine and digging into God’s Word we can ask for anything we want and it will be granted! 

I don’t know about you my friend but I want my life to be productive. 

Why? Because verse 8 of John 15 says that this brings great glory to my Heavenly Father!

 Application

I want my life to bring great glory to my Heavenly Father. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know that John 15 was on my heart before I even got out of bed this morning. The significance of verses 5 and 7 were on my mind. Help me to fully understand what You are saying to me this morning from John 15.

I pray for others that are reading Your Word this morning. Give them understanding as they read. Help them to draw close to You today. Help them to walk in obedience and live in victory so that they can bring You much joy!




Daily Bible Reading:  Leviticus 15,16,17; Acts 18; John 15; Philippians 4





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: