Saturday, February 25, 2017

Give Your Burdens To The LORD, And He Will Take Care Of You


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Give Your Burdens To The LORD,
And
He Will Take Care Of You

Scripture

Psalm 55

22 Give your burdens to the Lord,
    and he will take care of you.
    He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.


Observation

Take a minute to read Psalm 55 so that you can take and understand Psalm 55:22 in the context that King David was writing it in. 

This is what David says in verses 4-8 & 11: 

 My heart pounds in my chest. The terror of death assaults me. Fear and trembling overwhelm me, and I can’t stop shaking. Oh, that I had wings like a dove; then I would fly away and rest! I would fly far away to the quiet of the wilderness.  How quickly I would escape—far from this wild storm of hatred. Everything is falling apart; threats and cheating are rampant in the streets.
Though King David is surrounded and hunted down by his enemies and has evidently been betrayed by a close friend just listen to the confidence that David has in his God in verses 16-19:

“ But I will call on God, and the Lord will rescue me. Morning, noon, and night I cry out in my distress, and the Lord hears my voice. He ransoms me and keeps me safe from the battle waged against me, though many still oppose me. God, who has ruled forever, will hear me and humble them.”

Whatever you and I are going through, getting ready to go through, or have just been through hopefully has or will cause us to depend more on the Lord to take care of us. 

Burdened? Stressed out? Want to get away? Okay, fair enough, but here is the answer – Do just what King David did – Pray!

Philippians 4:6-7

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. 

1 Peter 5:7

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Matthew 6:25

“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life …”

Application

I will pray and I will put my trust in the Lord today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, over and over again You tell me in Your Word to trust You. In fact, Your Word is full of stories that tell me that the only way to live this life here on earth is by walking close to You. King David knew how to live a victorious life. Even though he lived most of his life surrounded by enemies he learned to trust completely in You. This world is not my home. I am just passing through. Help me learn how to live each day trusting totally in you.

I will give my burdens to You, Lord, and I know that You will take care of me. You will not me slip and fall. (Psalm 55:22 personalized)

 
Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 17,18; Psalms 29; Mark 4; Psalm 25, Psalm 55; Proverbs 25



> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!



> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: