Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Wait Patiently For The LORD Yes, Wait Patiently For The LORD.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Wait Patiently For The LORD
Yes,
Wait Patiently For The LORD. 


Scripture

Psalm 27

14 Wait patiently for the Lord.
    Be brave and courageous.
    Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.


Observation

If you and I are followers of the Lord Jesus Christ we belong to a Kingdom that cannot be seen and that is not made with human hands. Rules for living life in God’s kingdom are explained in God’s Word – the Bible.

Our tendency as followers of Jesus Christ is to act and live just like everyone else, but we are not like everyone else. Jesus Christ lives in us! So the game plan for the way we do life is totally different than for most of the folks around us. Let me see if I can explain.

If someone does not have a relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ then they are living life on his or her own without any help from the very God who created them. How very sad and tragic!

But if you and I have a relationship with God through trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ as our Lord and our Savior then everything we do in life is to be done trusting in Him and asking Him for help – Everything! It is the way we are supposed to live right now in God’s Kingdom.

I don’t know about you but there are many times when I forget that I belong to the Kingdom of God and I do things, I make decisions, just like a person that has no relationship at all with a Heavenly Father. How stupid is that? I am a child of the King of Kings!

You and I, if we are believers in Jesus Christ should live our lives totally dependent on Him. Just look in the Book that holds the game plan for our lives and it tells us over and over and over again – to trust, to have faith, to depend, and to wait on Him.

Psalm 5:3
 Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths. 

John 15:5
“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.

Application

I will do my best to take everything to the Lord in prayer and depend on Him as my Heavenly Father to take care of me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that trusting totally in You is a day-by-day learning experience for me. You have shown me over and over again that I don’t need to worry about my every day life and that You are going to take care of me, but I keep forgetting. I am so glad that You do not give up on me. Your love for me is higher than the heavens. It has no limits. Thank You that You are a God of mercy and grace and so very patient with me. Help me to live today in a way that pleases You. Help me to act like I am a part of the Kingdom of God today. You are my Hope!


Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 10,11; Psalms 27; Mark 1






Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: