Monday, February 13, 2017

But Life Is Worth Nothing Unless I Use It For Doing The Work Assigned Me By The Lord Jesus –


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

But Life Is Worth Nothing
Unless I Use It
For Doing The Work Assigned Me By The Lord Jesus – 


Scripture

Acts 20

24 But life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about God’s mighty kindness and love.

Observation

Are we being obedient? Are you and I doing the work assigned to us by the Lord Jesus Christ?

No matter what condition life finds us in right now, no matter how beat up we are, no matter how worn out we are, no matter how sick we are, or how old we are, we can still live our lives for Jesus Christ and we can serve Him with all of our heart!

We have no excuse!

True, we are not all evangelists like the Apostle Paul, but each of us has God’s calling on our lives.

The question is this: are you and I fulfilling that calling? God has equipped you and He has equipped me for a special work. Are we doing it?

Life is worth nothing unless we do the work that God has assigned for us to do?

Don’t know or not sure what that work is? Need direction right now for your life?

Okay fair enough, here is the solution; Dig into God’s Word and spend time with Him, and be willing to say Yes to Him when He tells you what to do! And yes, it is as simple as that!

Proverbs 3:5-6 and Psalm 119:105 come to my mind, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths. “ “Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path.” 
   
Application

I will put Proverbs 3:5-6 into practice this week. How about you?



Prayer

Heavenly Father, my life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned to me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about Your mighty kindness and love. Help me to trust You with all of my heart. Help me not to depend on my own understanding. I want to seek Your will in all that I do so that You will direct my path. May Your Word be a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. (Acts 20:24, Proverbs 3:5-6, Psalm 119:105 personalized)


Daily Bible Reading:  Leviticus 20,21,22; Acts 20




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: