Thursday, February 16, 2017

God Who Takes Care Of Me Will Supply All Your Needs From His Glorious Riches, Which Have Been Given To Us In Christ Jesus.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

God Who Takes Care Of Me
Will Supply All Your Needs From His Glorious Riches,
Which Have Been Given To Us In Christ Jesus. 


 Scripture

Philippians 4

17 I don’t say this because I want a gift from you. Rather, I want you to receive a reward for your kindness.
18 At the moment I have all I need—and more! I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me with Epaphroditus. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God.
19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.
20 Now all glory to God our Father forever and ever! Amen.

Observation

Kathy told me that I should pray about it! She told me to hold off and just pray about it. But … I jumped the gun and decided to go ahead and do what she told me to wait on! 

Now I will share the lesson learned, or at least what I hopefully should have learned!

I will try to keep this story as short as I can because I know that just because it was a good learn for me it might not be very interesting to you! It all started out by me trying to save $10 on some TurboTax software on sale at Sam’s Club. 

I bought it. Brought it home and it would not run on either of our 2 computers because the operating systems were too old (XP and Vista). So I bought Windows 7 software off of Ebay and went to do an upgrade on Kathy’s computer. 

As simple as it usually is to do an upgrade there was a glitch. Looking on the Internet for help I followed all the instructions on how to fix the glitch and whatever I did caused Kathy’s old computer to give up and die! It was a fatal crash! So this brings me to Kathy. 

I told Kathy that it looked like we were going to have to buy another computer. This is where Kathy tells Eddy, “Eddy, I think you need to pray about it.”

 Okay, here is the lesson: I find an old computer on Ebay for $49. I make an offer of $43 and they accept my offer. In totally amazement I immediately buy it. 

Of course it was an old computer exactly like Kathy’s except with Windows 7 already installed. No, getting the old computer for $43 is not the lesson. 

Here is the lesson! 

I go to church that night and at the end of our men’s small group said, “Hey, do you know anybody that needs a computer, I have one that I am not using.” 

Oh, but wait there is more. 

The next day I was telling someone about Kathy’s old computer crashing and me ordering another one on Ebay for $43 and this person later sent me a Facebook private message saying, “I want you to go to Best Buy and get a computer and I will pay for it.”  I did let this person know that if my $43 computer didn’t work I would take them up on their offer. 

(To my total amazement and God’s grace the $43 computer works just fine so far!)

So what is the lesson? 

The lesson for Eddy is found in Philippians 4:6-7  

“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”


Application

I need to tell God what I need and thank Him for all that he has done and wait until He answers!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, this was a great lesson for me. You are a God of grace. You love me and You provide for me even when I jump the gun and impatiently act - even when I should have waited on You. Thank You for the lesson. Hopefully I won’t forget it. Burn it into my brain. Don’t let me forget it. You are the King of Kings. You are the Lord of Lords. You own everything and You have given us all spiritual riches in Christ Jesus. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Leviticus 26,27; Acts 23; Psalm 36, Psalm 136, Proverbs 16; Philippians 4




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: