Saturday, February 18, 2017

The LORD Will Work Out His Plans For My Life


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The LORD
Will
Work Out His Plans For My Life

Scripture

Psalm 138

Though I am surrounded by troubles,
    you will protect me from the anger of my enemies.


You reach out your hand,
    and the power of your right hand saves me.


The Lord will work out his plans for my life—
    for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.
    Don’t abandon me, for you made me.


Observation

How are things going? What does the future look like for you? And what does the future look like for me?

I love King David’s outlook on life and I think it is the way that you and I should think about our future too!

During most of King David’s life he was surrounded by trouble. Most of his life was spent running and hiding from people that wanted to kill him. Goliath moments in his life were actually few and far between.

If you take time to read the Psalms you will find David, broken, humbled, and crying out to his God in almost every Psalm. But in spite of all his hardships, in spite of having so many enemies, in spite of always being surrounded by trouble, King David knew that God was working out a God size plan for his life. He knew that God was on his side!

Psalm 138:8 reminds me of Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 

My future, as I look at it, looks very interesting. If God were not on my side and if God were not for me it could look down right frightening… but He is here right beside me! And I know that the Lord will work out His plans for my life. I know that He has plans to prosper me and not to harm me. He plans to give me hope and a future!
   
 Application

I will look forward to the future because I know that God is on my side. He will not abandon me because He created me! How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that not only my future but also my very next breath is in Your Hands. So I cling to Your promises that You have given me in Your Word. I know that You delight in every detail of my life. And I know that I do not deserve Your love, Your mercy, or Your grace. I know that You hold me in the palm of Your hand. Nothing can touch my life that is not filtered by You and even if what comes into my life is bad You promise to turn it around for my good! What an awesome God You are! It is a win-win proposition to trust in You!


Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 3,4; Acts 25; Psalm 18, Psalm 138, Proverbs 18






Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: