Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Watch Your Tongue And Keep Your Mouth Shut


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Watch Your Tongue
And
Keep Your Mouth Shut


Scripture

Psalm 141

Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips! 

Proverbs 21:23

23 Watch your tongue and keep your mouth shut,
    and you will stay out of trouble.

Observation

Have you ever noticed how much the Bible talks about keeping our mouths shut?

Kathy shared Proverbs 21:23 with me the other day. And no, she wasn’t telling me to shut up! Although she has probably memorized that verse now and will probably quote to me at the next dumb and mean thing that comes out of my mouth!

What we say, how much we say, the way we say it, and when we say it, is so important if we want to maintain great relationships!

I don’t know about you but my mouth gets me in trouble all the time with the one that I love the most – in my case it is with my girl friend Kathy!

‘’’’’’’’’

Proverbs 13:3

 Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything.

Proverbs 12:18 

Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing. 

Ephesians 4:29

Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. 

Proverbs 18:21 

Those who love to talk will experience the consequences, for the tongue can kill or nourish life.

Proverbs 15:1 

 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stir up anger. 

Application

I will ask the Lord to help me to keep my mouth shut and listen more. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to think about what I say before I say it. Help me to give gentle answers instead of being so harsh. Help me to be slow to speak and quick to listen. Help me to keep my mouth shut so they can tell their story. 

I pray for those who feel neglected and beaten down today. Give them strength. Bring people into their lives that will build them up. Help me to say and use words that build people up and not tear them down.

Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 8,9; Acts 28; Psalm 21, Psalm 41, Psalm 141; Proverbs 21


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: