Friday, February 17, 2017

And This Is the Secret Christ Lives In You


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

And This Is the Secret
Christ
Lives In You



Scripture

Colossians 1

27 For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.

Observation

Are we in Christ? Then lets act like it! If we have surrendered our lives to the Lord Jesus Christ, and if we have asked Him to forgive us of our sins, trusting Him as our Lord and our Savior, then guess what, Christ lives in us right now! And the same power that raised Christ from the dead lives in us. 

Jesus says in Matthew 28:18-20 that “all power” has been given to Him. Now Jesus, who is All-Powerful, lives in every follower of Christ and He will never leaves us! 

And that is why on this Friday morning you and I can say with confidence what the Apostle Paul said in Philippians 4:13, “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”

Romans 8:11 “The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.” 

Let me say it again, “Are we in Christ? Then lets act like it!”

1 John 2:27

But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don’t need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true—it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ.

Matthew 28

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

2 Timothy 1:7 

    God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but a spirit of power and love and self-control. 

 Application

I will live like the All-Powerful Jesus Christ lives in me. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have not given me a Spirit of fear, but You have given me a Spirit of Power and Love, and Self-control. Help me to act like it today!



Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 1,2; Acts 24; Psalm 17, Psalm 137, Proverbs 17; Colossians 1



> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!



> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: