Monday, February 06, 2017

They Traded Their Glorious God For A Statue Of A Grass-Eating Bull


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

They Traded Their Glorious God
For
A Statue Of A Grass-Eating Bull


Scripture

Psalm 106

20 They traded their glorious God
    for a statue of a grass-eating bull.


Observation

Before you and I think too harshly about the children of Israel and how stupid they were we need to examine our own lives and our own hearts.

What are we putting as most important in our lives? Whatever we put as most important to us is our god.

Our spouse should not be most important, nor our children and sorry not even our grandchildren, nor work, and for sure not our hobbies (fishing, hunting, racing, beach, shopping, clubbing, etc) – no one, no thing, or no activity should have God’s number one place in our life!

How we answer these two questions will give us a pretty good idea of what has become “grass-eating bull” in our life:

  1. Look at our checkbook or bank account – what are we spending our money on?
  2. What are we doing on most Sundays?

Answers to those two questions will pretty much pinpoint whether we have traded our relationship with a glorious God for a “statue of a grass-eating bull”!

Our “grass eating-bull” can be anything! Anything that takes God’s Number One place in our life!

Does something need to change to make God Number One? Calendar adjustment? Heart adjustment? Let’s make that change right now!

 Application

I don’t want anything to take God’s Number One place in my life. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I am no different than those that You led through the wilderness and I know how easy it is for me to allow other things to move in and take You off of the throne in my heart. Help me to stay away from stupid sins. Help me to keep You as the glorious God in my life. Don’t let me put any person or any thing in Your place.

I pray for those reading this blog this morning. Give them victory this week in their struggles. Help them to walk close to You. Bring godly people into their lives to encourage them. Show them that they can trust in You. Show them anything in their life that needs to change. And show me anything in my life that is not pleasing to You. 




Daily Bible Reading:  Leviticus 1,2,3; Acts 13; Psalm 6, Psalm 106; Proverbs 6



> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!




> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: