Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Always Be Full Of Joy In The Lord. I Say It Again – Rejoice!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Always
Be Full Of Joy In The Lord.
I Say It Again – Rejoice!


Scripture

Philippians 4

Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!

Observation

Happiness –here one minute and gone the next, but JOY in the Lord can and will sustain us!
Paul is writing this letter from prison to one of his favorite churches. Paul … chained, scarred, broken, whipped, beaten, stoned and left for dead, hated, and misunderstood, pens a letter to us about JOY! 

I just counted that Paul used the word “Rejoice” eight times and the word “Joy” seven or eight times in this short 4-chapter love letter to the church of Philippi! 

No matter what you and I are going through this morning, no matter how beat up or sick we are, no matter how much pain we are in lets put this verse into practice right now – lets “Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again – rejoice!” 

I don’t know about you but I think that I need to camp out in the book of Philippians awhile longer and memorize more of these powerful verses and these wonderful promises! 

Philippians 2:17-18

But I will rejoice even if I lose my life, pouring it out like a liquid offering to God, just like your faithful service is an offering to God. And I want all of you to share that joy. Yes, you should rejoice, and I will share your joy.

Philippians 3:1

Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith.

Psalm 31:7

I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul.

Application

I will rejoice and celebrate with the wife of my youth on this Valentine’s Day! How about you? 


Proverbs 5:18

Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you. Rejoice in the wife of your youth

Prayer


Daily Bible Reading:  Leviticus 23,24; Psalms 24; Acts 21; Psalm 14, Psalm 114, Proverbs 14; Philippians 4




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: