Monday, February 20, 2017

Because The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Have Everything I Need!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Because The Lord
Is My Shepherd,
I Have Everything I Need!


Scripture

Psalm 23

 Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need!

2-3 He lets me rest in the meadow grass and leads me beside the quiet streams. He gives me new strength. He helps me do what honors him the most.

Even when walking through the dark valley of death I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me, guarding, guiding all the way.

You provide delicious food for me in the presence of my enemies. You have welcomed me as your guest; blessings overflow!

Your goodness and unfailing kindness shall be with me all of my life, and afterwards I will live with you forever in your home.


Observation

This morning as I read my daily Bible reading in the books of Numbers, Psalms, and Acts I skimmed over Psalm 23 very quickly, I guess because it is so familiar.

Maybe you tend to do the same thing with passages that you know real well. So I went back and read it in a different translation.

I love verse one of Psalm 23 in the Living Bible!

Because the Lord is my Shepherd I have everything I need! Maybe you are weak this morning, then verse three is for you, “He gives me new strength’!

Here are some verses that come to my mind that go along with verse 1 and verse 3:

Philippians 4

19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 40:31 

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. 

Isaiah 41:10

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Application

Because the Lord is my Shepherd I have everything that I need to get me through this week! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me meet all of the problems that come my way this week with all of Your Promises that You have given me in Your Word. Help me to trust totally in You.

I pray for those who are going through difficult times right now. I pray for my family and my friends who are dealing with sickness and disease. Give them strength. I pray that they will hold on tightly to all of Your promises. Show them that they can trust You. Renew their strength Lord. Renew their strength!

Daily Bible Reading:  Numbers 7; Psalms 23; Acts 27; Psalm 20, Psalm 140; Proverbs 20


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: