Thursday, May 11, 2017

And Be Sure Of This: I Am With You Always, Even To The End Of The Age


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

And Be Sure Of This:
I Am With You Always,
Even To The End Of The Age


Scripture

Matthew 28

18 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.
19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
 
20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Observation

Loneliness is not something that I have experienced very much. 

Kathy and I it seems like have always been together. 

The longest we have ever been apart was for a month when we were serving the Lord as missionaries to North Africa and once a few years ago when I went to India for a month. 

But even when we were separated for those 2 months I didn’t experience loneliness. 

Why not, because Jesus Christ has always been with me 24/7 since I surrendered my life to him over 46 years ago! 

He has promised that He will be with us “always” and He will keep that promise! 

If there is emptiness in your life, a loneliness that you can’t explain then maybe just maybe you need to invite Jesus Christ into your life and let Him take care of your loneliness. 

Trust Him. 


Romans 8:11

    The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as he raised Christ from the dead, he will give life to your mortal body by this same Spirit living within you. 

Psalm 139
I can never escape from your Spirit!
    I can never get away from your presence!
If I go up to heaven, you are there;
    if I go down to the grave, you are there.
If I ride the wings of the morning,
    if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
    and your strength will support me.
11 I could ask the darkness to hide me
    and the light around me to become night—
12     but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.
To you the night shines as bright as day.
    Darkness and light are the same to you.


 Application

I will go through this day knowing that Jesus Christ is going through it with me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding me today that I am never alone. Jesus Christ, You are with me forever. I never need to be afraid. I never need to feel alone.

    The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need.  [2] He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. [3] He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. [4] Even when I walk        through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.    Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. [5] You prepare a feast for me       in the presence of my enemies. You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. [6] Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord        forever. Psalm 23:1-6 


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 19,20; Psalms 55; Matthew 28




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: