Tuesday, May 02, 2017

We’ve Given Up Everything To Follow You. What Will We Get?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

We’ve Given Up Everything
To Follow You.
What Will We Get? 


Scripture

Matthew 19

27 Then Peter said to him, “We’ve given up everything to follow you. What will we get?”
28 Jesus replied, “I assure you that when the world is made new and the Son of Man sits upon his glorious throne, you who have been my followers will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
 
29 And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or property, for my sake, will receive a hundred times as much in return and will inherit eternal life.
30 But many who are the greatest now will be least important then, and those who seem least important now will be the greatest then.


Observation

Simon Peter just blurts out whatever is going through his mind! Have you noticed that about him?

Sometimes he didn’t even have to say it out loud because Jesus knew his thoughts just like Jesus knows ours!

I love how Jesus answers Peter after Peter asked, “We’ve given up everything to follow you. What will we get?” Jesus isn’t shocked and He responds to Peter’s question with love and assurance.


These two things jump out at me this morning as I read this discussion between Jesus and Peter:

  1. Whatever sacrifices we make as we follow Jesus, as costly as they seem to be now, will one day be greatly rewarded by our Heavenly Father. 
  2. Those who seem to have it all right now and flaunt their position, their power, and their prestige will one day when it really counts will be brought down to their true level of importance. 


Our God does not miss a thing!

 Application

I will keep my eyes on Jesus and not on those around me! How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is true that I serve an audience of One! I need to be concerned about making You smile and not worrying about everyone else. I need to please You. Guide me. Direct me. Help me walk in a way that pleases You. You have blessed me with so much. You are enough for me!


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Chronicles 16; Psalm 106; Matthew 19



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: