Wednesday, May 03, 2017

For When You Grant A Blessing, O LORD, It Is An Eternal Blessing!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

For When You
Grant A Blessing, O LORD,
It Is An Eternal Blessing!


Scripture

2 Samuel 7

25 “O my God, I have been bold enough to pray to you because you have revealed to your servant that you will build a house for him—a dynasty of kings!
 
26 For you are God, O Lord. And you have promised these good things to your servant.
 
27 And now, it has pleased you to bless the house of your servant, so that it will continue forever before you. For when you grant a blessing, O Lord, it is an eternal blessing!”

Observation

King David has just been told by the prophet Nathan that God would not let David build the Temple, instead David’s son (Solomon) was going to get to build it.

He was also told that King David’s dynasty would continue forever!

And of course we know that it was through the lineage of David that Jesus Christ came!

How are you doing? I am blessed! I love it when people say that to me! Maybe that is how you greet people!

If we are followers of the Lord Jesus Christ then that statement is the absolute truth – you and I are blessed and we are blessed with an eternal blessing that nobody can or will ever take away!

Hallelujah! We are blessed!

 Application

I will thank the Lord for His goodness! I am blessed. How about you!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am not a king like King David but I am a child of the King. In fact, I am a child of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. I am so blessed! I am royalty. Thank You for allowing me the privilege of being one of Your children. I give You praise! You alone are Worthy of all praise!


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 7; 1 Chronicles 17; Psalm 2; Matthew 20




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: