Saturday, May 06, 2017

He Noticed A Woman Of Unusual Beauty Taking A Bath


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

He Noticed A Woman
Of Unusual Beauty
Taking A Bath

Scripture

2 Samuel 11

However, David stayed behind in Jerusalem.

Late one afternoon, after his midday rest, David got out of bed and was walking on the roof of the palace. As he looked out over the city, he noticed a woman of unusual beauty taking a bath. He sent someone to find out who she was, and he was told, “She is Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite.”

2 Samuel 12

Then Nathan said to David, “You are that man! The Lord, the God of Israel, says: I anointed you king of Israel and saved you from the power of Saul. I gave you your master’s house and his wives and the kingdoms of Israel and Judah. And if that had not been enough, I would have given you much, much more. Why, then, have you despised the word of the Lord and done this horrible deed? For you have murdered Uriah the Hittite with the sword of the Ammonites and stolen his wife.

Observation

You and I are capable of any sin! Yes we are!  

If we ignore the “guardrails” that we have placed in our lives or if we have failed to put up “guardrails” in our lives then we, yes me and you are capable to doing some terrible stuff.
King David committed adultery with Bathsheba and then committed murder trying to cover up his sin.


Life was miserable for King David after those few moments of pleasure with Bathsheba.

Yes, God forgave David but … there were some terrible consequences. 

You and I have the opportunity to read about King David’s mistake and learn from his moral failure.

Set up boundaries for your life. Let your spouse know what your boundaries are and then stick to them.

Do what ever it takes to stay pure!

If you need to throw your computer and smart phone to the curb because you can’t get victory over where your eyes want to take you then toss those things in the trash!

Do whatever it takes to break free – do it!

 Application

I will maintain my boundaries and respect the “guardrails” that I have placed in my life. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, when I read about King David and his sin of adultery and murder I realize that I am capable of doing those same things. I am a sinner just like David. Help me to stay pure. Help me to respect the boundaries that I have established for my life. 

Lord, I agree with King David with what he says in Psalm 51:7&10 “Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me.


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 11,12; Psalms 51; Matthew 23




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: