Saturday, May 20, 2017

I Took My Troubles To The LORD; I Cried Out To Him, And He Answered My Prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Took My Troubles To The LORD;
I Cried Out To Him,
And He Answered My Prayer. 


Scripture

Psalm 20

In times of trouble, may the Lord answer your cry.
    May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm.


Psalm 121

I took my troubles to the Lord;
    I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer.


Observation

Wednesday afternoon just after I had gotten back home from a prayer/accountability lunch meeting with a group of pastors that I meet with every Wednesday at noon, I started having pain in my left lower abdomen.

I tried to wait to see if it would go away, but before long I was doubled over in pain and told Kathy that I had to go to the ER.

I would put the pain of a kidney stone right up there with the pain of my massive heart attack, only with my heart attack I went unconscious and didn’t have to deal with the pain for very long.

But I am home finally.

Not sure why Kathy and I had to go through this experience, but I can tell you that I did cry out to the Lord and He did answer my prayers.

Thanks to all of you who prayed for me. God is good. All the time!

We had the opportunity to get to know some great nurses while we were at St. Joseph Hospital. Hopefully one of them will visit our church soon!

 Application

In times of trouble I will cry out to the Lord. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for hearing our prayers. I know that my kidney stone didn’t catch You by surprise. Thank You for taking such good care of me. You are good. All the time. You are worthy of praise. Thank You for the caregivers at the hospital. Thank You for the good doctors and good nurses. Bless them Lord. Help them as they serve.


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Kings 6; 2 Chronicles 3; Psalms 97; Romans 1; Psalm 20, Psalm 21





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: