Sunday, May 21, 2017

When Did We Ever See You Sick Or In Prison And Visit You?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

When Did We
Ever See You Sick Or In Prison
And Visit You? 


Scripture

Matthew 25

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world.
 
35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’

37 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing?
 
39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’

Observation

Kathy and I are very grateful to the several hundred people who let us know via Facebook that they were praying for us while I was in the hospital dealing with that painful kidney stone. Nothing is more important than taking time to pray for someone! 

It was during my 3 day stay in the hospital that I was reminded by my younger brother Rick how special it is to have someone come see you while you are in the hospital. I told him not to come, after all a kidney stone is not life threatening, but he was going to come by to see me no matter what. 

I think He made Jesus smile!

We do live in a social media world where our relationships are made and lived out via cell phones, text messages and the internet. 

Rick’s visit reminded me once again of the importance of taking time with people face to face. 

I don’t know about you but it is a lesson that I need to be continually reminded of, that we are Jesus’ hands and His feet and when we minister and touch people’s lives and meet people’s needs Jesus says that we are doing it to Him!


Application

I will make the effort to take time with people in need. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me a more sensitive heart with the people around me. Help me to be Your hands and Your feet. Show me needs that I can meet with the people in my circles of influence. Help me to be a good neighbor to the folks in my neighborhood. Open up doors of opportunity for me to help someone in need. Thank You for everyone who prayed for us while I was in the hospital. Bless them Lord. May Your face shine on them with favor!


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Kings 7; 2 Chronicles 4; Psalms 98; Romans 2; Matthew 25


> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: