Monday, May 29, 2017

Careless Words Stab Like A Sword


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Careless Words
Stab
Like A Sword


 Scripture

Proverbs 12:18
    Careless words stab like a sword,
        but wise words bring healing.

 Observation

“Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me” is a lie right of the pit of Hell! 

Your mean ugly remarks and my mean ugly remarks stab those that love us just like a sword does; those ugly words cut deep and they will destroy our most important relationships. 

I don’t know about you, but I don’t like myself after I have hurt Kathy with some stupid unkind idiotic remark. 

Men, lets treat our wives with love and respect. Ladies, lets treat our husbands with love and respect. 

Lets use words of affirmation and praise! Lets use wise words that bring healing that make our wife or your significant other feel loved and valued so they want to be around us. 

You and I are total jerks when we slice and dice people with the words that come out of our mouths.
Put this verse on your refrigerator and memorize it so the next time your significant other rips you apart you can put your fingers in your ears and you can quote Proverbs 12:18 out loud to him or her. Yes, this goes for women too! 

Learn and sincerely use these 3 important phrases often:

1.      I love you.
2.      I am sorry.
3.      Will you forgive me?  And maybe add ... I am such a jerk.


Application

I will be careful with what I say and how I say it. I will treat Kathy with love and respect. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know better than anyone how often my mouth gets me in trouble. Help me to guard what I say and how I say it especially with Kathy who I love the most. Thank You for giving me a wife that will let me know when I am being a jerk without being ugly back to me. Help me to be as nice and kind to her as she is to me.

I pray for anyone reading this blog today that has trouble with his or her mouth. Help them to praise rather than criticize and help them to use wise words that will build their partner up rather than tearing them down. Open up their spiritual eyes so that they can see how destructive their harsh cruel words can be to the one that they love the most!


Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 10,11,12; Romans 10




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: