Saturday, May 13, 2017

So Run To Win


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

So
Run
To Win

 Scripture

1 Corinthians 9

24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!
 
25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.
 
26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing.
 
27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

Observation

I watch (that’s right I just watch) athletes as they train for 5k, 8k, half marathons and marathons. They are disciplined in their training. I admire those in my own family that have become disciplined runners and aggressively participate in all of these running/walking events.

My oldest daughter Jenny is now in training to run her first marathon! Yes, You heard that right! I can’t imagine what it takes to run in and finish a marathon!

But you and I if we are followers of Jesus Christ are also in a race and it is a race that is a million times more rewarding and a million times more important than any other race that we will ever run. This is the ultimate race!

So lets run it to win it!

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Hebrews 12:1-2

What bad habit(s) or what sin(s) keep us from running this race that God has set before us? 

Lets get rid of all those things that have us weighted down – and lets run this race to win it! 

Application

I will not let any sin slow me down – I am going to run this race to win it! How about you? Going to church in the morning is a great way to start!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want to finish this race well. Thank You for helping me to stay in the race. Help me keep my eyes on Jesus. He has already run the race and He finished well.

I pray for those reading this blog this morning. Help them to see how important it is to put You first in their lives. Other things are important sure but nothing is more important than growing in our relationship with You. May this race that You have invited us to be involved in become more important to us than anything else! Help us to let go of anything that is slowing us down. 


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 24; 1 Chronicles 21; Psalms 30; 1 Thessalonians 2; I Corinthians 9


 


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: