Saturday, May 27, 2017

And We Believers Also Groan, For We Long For Our Bodies To Be Released From Sin And Suffering


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

And We Believers Also Groan,
For We Long For Our Bodies
To Be Released From Sin And Suffering



Scripture

Romans 8

18 Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later.

23 And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us.

28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Observation

What a powerful chapter, one of the most powerful, one of the most wonderful chapters in the Bible – Romans 8! 

I hope you make time to dig into it this morning. Read it slowly and then reread it. Read it in a modern translation of the Bible, maybe even read it in a couple of different translations. 

I picked verse 23 to write about this morning probably because of aches and pains! 

Everyday it seems like a new ache or pain pops up somewhere making me appreciate God’s promise to us that we will be getting a brand new body, an upgraded model that will be pain free and that will never wear out!

But Romans 8 is loaded with so much more … take time to read it for yourself!



Romans 8

31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? 32 Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?

38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Application

I am convinced that nothing can ever separate me from God’s love. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that my body is wearing out. It reminds me of that every single day. I will be glad to get my new body, one that will never wear out. No more doctors, no more hospitals, no more aches and pains, a perfect body is something to look forward to. I know that all of us are terminal. But I also know that You created me to live forever with You. I know that You are for me. You are on my side. I know that nothing ever touches my life that does not first come through You.  You are my God. You are my Heavenly Father.


Daily Bible Reading:  Proverbs 4,5,6; Romans 8



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: