Sunday, May 28, 2017

So Run To Win!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

So Run
To
Win!


Scripture

1 Corinthians 9

24 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! 25 All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.
 
26 So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. 

Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

Observation

Have you seen the movie “Chariots of Fire”? It is an amazing story about Eric Liddell, runner and later missionary to China. Eric won a gold medal in the Olympic games, but that is the small part of Eric’s story. 

Take a minute to “Google” Eric Liddell and let his life challenge you. 

Eric Liddell made this statement, And where does the power come from, to see the race to its end? From within. Jesus said, "Behold, the Kingdom of God is within you. If with all your hearts, you truly seek me, you shall ever surely find me." If you commit yourself to the love of Christ, then that is how you run a straight race.” 

This life of faith that we are living is a race and the Power to win it comes from within!

2 Timothy 4:7

 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful.

Philippians 2:16

Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless.

Hebrews 12:1

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

Application

I don’t know about you but I want to run it to win it! How about you? Are you in it to win it?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am amazed when I read about Eric Liddell and his commitment to serve and die for you in China. You made him fast, but more important You gave him a heart for the people of China. Show me how to run this race of faith all the way to the finish line. I am in it to win it. Help me to finish well! 


Daily Bible Reading:  Proverbs 7,8,9; Romans 9; Proverbs 28, Psalm 28, Psalm 128; Romans 9




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: