Monday, May 15, 2017

We Urge You In The Name Of The Lord Jesus To Live In A Way That Pleases God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

We Urge You In The Name Of The Lord Jesus
To Live
In A Way That Pleases God

Scripture

1 Thessalonians 4

Finally, dear brothers and sisters, we urge you in the name of the Lord Jesus to live in a way that pleases God, as we have taught you. 

You live this way already, and we encourage you to do so even more. For you remember what we taught you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor— not in lustful passion like the pagans who do not know God and his ways.

Observation

You and I have a choice as we start out this new week. Our choice is to live out this week in a way that pleases God or we can choose to yield to the temptation to sin.

This warning by the Apostle Paul is a warning for us this week – stay away from all sexual sin. God’s will for us is for us to live out this week in a way that will make Him Smile!

So lets stop, quit, and stay away from anything that would cause us to indulge in sinful, momentary, pleasurable stupid sins that always bring with them huge destructive consequences that will negatively impact not only us but also all of those around us.

 Application

I will do my best to live out this week in a way that pleases God. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that this message if for me this morning as I think about this new week. Help me to live out this week in a way that makes You Smile. I want to please You with the decisions that I make. Keep me away from stupid sins, sins that will destroy my life and hurt those around me. Guide and direct me this week. Give me the wisdom I need to make good choices. Help me to be a servant this week to those around me. 

I pray for those who are sick. I pray for healing. Help them to feel Your presence and Your strength and give them the supernatural peace that can only come from You. 



Daily Bible Reading:  1 Chronicles 25,26,27; 1 Thessalonians 4




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: