Wednesday, May 10, 2017

When I Am Afraid, I Will Put My Trust In You.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

When I Am
Afraid,
I Will Put My Trust In You.


Scripture

Psalm 56

But when I am afraid,
    I will put my trust in you.
I praise God for what he has promised.
    I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
    What can mere mortals do to me?


Observation

Not if I am afraid but when I am afraid, I will put my trust in God. King David had plenty of practice of putting his trust in God! So what should you and I do when fear creeps into our lives? 

I suggest we do what David says to do in verse 4 of Psalm 56: we hold on to God’s promises! He has given us several thousand promises in His Word for us to cling to. 

We have far more promises from God to hold on to than even King David had! 

We have no excuse to live in fear!

Joshua 1:9

This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Isaiah 41:10

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Isaiah 51:12

“I, yes I, am the one who comforts you. So why are you afraid of mere humans, who wither like the grass and disappear?


Application

When I begin to be afraid I will put my trust in God. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know all of the things that bring fear into my life. Help me to trust in You and all of Your promises when I begin to be afraid. Help me to cast all of my cares on to You because I know that You care for me. You are on my side! Why should I be afraid!


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 18; Psalms 56; Matthew 27




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: