Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Opening Your Mouth Can Ruin Everything


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Opening
Your Mouth
Can Ruin Everything



Scripture

Proverbs 13

3 Those who control their tongue will have a long life;
    opening your mouth can ruin everything.


Observation

Oh this is so true! 

If I would just keep my mouth shut … but I don’t … and I end up messing up everything. 

Is this a problem for you too or is it just Eddy? 

For me, controlling my tongue, what I say and how I say it (the tone of my voice) is a 24/7 job! 

You and I can make excuses for this bad behavior, but to be honest, there is no excuse!


Proverbs 25:11
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

Proverbs 16:24
Kind words are like honey— sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.

Proverbs 15:4
Gentle words are a tree of life; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.

Proverbs 17:27
A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered.

Ephesians 4:31
Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior.

Application

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. How about you? (Psalm 19:14)


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to keep my mouth shut. When I don’t have something good to say, please help me to keep my mouth shut. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. 

Daily Bible Reading:  Proverbs 13,14,15; Romans 11




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: