Thursday, May 25, 2017

Do Not Let Sin Control The Way You Live


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Do Not Let Sin
Control
The Way You Live


Scripture

1 Kings 10

Solomon had answers for all her questions; nothing was too hard for the king to explain to her. When the queen of Sheba realized how very wise Solomon was, and when she saw the palace he had built, she was overwhelmed.

1 Kings 11

11 Now King Solomon loved many foreign women. Besides Pharaoh’s daughter, he married women from Moab, Ammon, Edom, Sidon, and from among the Hittites.
 
The Lord had clearly instructed the people of Israel, “You must not marry them, because they will turn your hearts to their gods.” Yet Solomon insisted on loving them anyway.
 
He had 700 wives of royal birth and 300 concubines. And in fact, they did turn his heart away from the Lord.

In Solomon’s old age, they turned his heart to worship other gods instead of being completely faithful to the Lord his God, as his father, David, had been. Solomon worshiped Ashtoreth, the goddess of the Sidonians, and Molech, the detestable god of the Ammonites.
 
In this way, Solomon did what was evil in the Lord’s sight; he refused to follow the Lord completely, as his father, David, had done.

The Lord was very angry with Solomon, for his heart had turned away from the Lord, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. 10 He had warned Solomon specifically about worshiping other gods, but Solomon did not listen to the Lord’s command.
 
11 So now the Lord said to him, “Since you have not kept my covenant and have disobeyed my decrees, I will surely tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your servants.


Romans 6

12 Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires.

Observation

King Solomon was the wisest person probably to ever to live on planet earth with the exception of Jesus Christ. Yet, he was so stupid!

God had personally warned Solomon not to worship other gods, but because of his love for his 700 wives and his 300 concubines, they influenced him and he began to worship their gods.

But as amazing as that seems I see men and women doing the same thing today. And if I am not careful I could do the same thing and so could you.

Do not let sin control the way you live … is not a suggestion!

The sin of King David and the sin of King Solomon had terrible consequences and our sins will too  … so let’s not give in to sinful desires!


 Application

I want to finish well. At the end of my life I want the Lord to be able to say, “Well done my good and faithful servant.” How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, keep me away from stupid sins, sins that will destroy my life, my witness, and negatively impact those around me. Help me to be wiser than Solomon when it comes to sin. Don’t let me give in to sinful desires that come across my path.

I pray for anyone reading this blog that has allowed him or her to become involved in sin. Set them free Lord. Help them to confess it as sin and turn away from the sin and help them to turn to You. Help them to repent of the sin and turn back to You.


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Kings 10,11; 2 Chronicles 9; Romans 6





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: