Wednesday, May 31, 2017

We Can Make Our Plans But The LORD Determines Our Steps


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

We Can
Make Our Plans
But The LORD Determines Our Steps




Scripture

Proverbs 16
We can make our plans,
    but the Lord determines our steps.


Observation

Has your life turned out the way you thought it would? I doubt that it has. I know that mine sure has not.

Kathy and I have had some real detours and have encountered some major surprises. But I do believe and I am firmly convinced that in all of our circumstances the Lord has still determined our steps.

We are not going to whine, gripe or complain. In spite of some big bumps and major potholes along this road called life we are very blessed. How about you?

I am holding on to Romans 8:28 as I bump along. What verse or verses are you holding on to that will get you through the next crisis, the next storm or even the next sinkhole?

In fact, every morning as I read God’s Word I am holding on tighter than ever before to every truth and every promise that I read.

They are my hope! They are my strength! They will get me through!

Are you going through a rough time? Are you experiencing things that you never ever thought about experiencing? Don’t give up! Trust Him! Hold on!

He will walk us through these troubled waters. How do I know? God had told me in His Word.

Isaiah 43
 “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
    I have called you by name; you are mine.
When you go through deep waters,
    I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
    you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
    you will not be burned up;
    the flames will not consume you.
For I am the Lord, your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.


John 16
33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Application

I will hold on. I will never give up.

Romans 8:28
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I write this blog I am very much aware that some friends and some of my family reading this are experiencing some very difficult things in life. Some are very sick or have loved ones that are very sick. For some the whole world seems to have caved in all around them. I pray for them Lord. Right now I pray for them. Give them strength. Help them to hold on. Help them to remain faithful. Help them to draw close to You. Take care of them Lord. Show them Your Power, Your Love, and show them that they can trust in You!


Daily Bible Reading:  Proverbs 16,17,18; Romans 12




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: