Friday, May 26, 2017

The Trouble Is With Me


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Trouble
Is With
Me





Scripture

Romans 7

14 So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin. 15 I don’t really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don’t do it. Instead, I do what I hate.

Observation

Who have you blamed this week for something that went wrong?

 Blame shifting is so easy and it might make us feel better for a moment, but the problem is not with them, the problem is with “me, myself, and I”.

You and I have a problem and it is us! We are sinners!

The problem lies deep within each one of us! It is a sin problem. What is the answer for this problem? His name is Jesus!

You can pick up on the Apostle Paul’s frustration with his self in chapter 7; you and I share the same frustration. We are sinners.

Can’t wait until tomorrow when I get to read Romans 8!

 Application

I will let God’s Holy Spirit control my mind and my heart. How about you?

So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.  Romans 8:6


Prayer

Heavenly Father, Help me to admit that the biggest problem that I face everyday is with myself. My old sinful nature wants to take control and take me where I don’t want to go. Help me and give me the strength to let Your Holy Spirit control my mind and control the direction of my heart. Don’t let me try to blame anyone for anything. Show me what I need to do and help me not worry about what other people need or should be doing. I serve an Audience of One and that One Person is You!



Daily Bible Reading:  Proverbs 1,2,3; Romans 7





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: