Wednesday, November 22, 2017

“Come To Me, All Of You Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens, And I Will Give You Rest.”

Come To Me, All Of You Who Are Weary
And Carry Heavy Burdens,
And I Will Give You Rest.”
Matthew 11
28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 
29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 
30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
Observation

Life is too brutal for you and I to live it without Jesus!
If the words “tired and weary” seem to perfectly describe how we feel this morning then I know just what you and I need to do. We need to spend some time with Jesus.
This song just popped into my head, “Just have a little talk with Jesus”. Here are a couple of lines from this old song, “And just a little talk with my Jesus made me whole ... (Now let us) have a little talk with Jesus (let us) tell him all about our troubles”.
Jesus says, “Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”
Application
I am spending time with Jesus right now. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me slow down. Help me to stop and spend time with You. Thank You for taking care of us when everything seemed to be breaking all at once. Thank You that I can find rest for my weary soul in Jesus Christ this morning and every morning. I am so grateful that I do not have to live in this world depending on myself to get me through it. I know that Jesus has overcome my world of trouble and He will give me rest!

Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 11,12,13
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: