Sunday, November 05, 2017

She Is A Loving Deer, A Graceful Doe. May You Always Be Captivated By Her Love.

She Is A Loving Deer, A Graceful Doe.
May
You Always Be Captivated By Her Love.
Scripture
Proverbs 5
18 Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you.
    Rejoice in the wife of your youth.
19 She is a loving deer, a graceful doe.
    Let her breasts satisfy you always.
    May you always be captivated by her love.
20 Why be captivated, my son, by an immoral woman,
    or fondle the breasts of a promiscuous woman?
21 For the Lord sees clearly what a man does,
    examining every path he takes.
Observation

Kathy and I celebrated 48 years of marriage this week. To celebrate we went out to dinner twice, to the beach for an afternoon, and last night we went to the Chris Tomlin concert! I plan to always be captivated by her love!

To have a great marriage it takes a lot of work – it takes thinking less of myself and more about Kathy!

Selfishness, yes being selfish is always what messes me up and always gets me into trouble. And I bet that it is your number one problem too!

It is what messes up marriage and it messes up our relationships too.

I remember hearing the wife of one of the young couples that attended a small group that Kathy and I led share this, “I have been so selfish. I have only been thinking about myself and what I wanted.” It was the turning point in their marriage!

Today God is leading this young couple to go across the country and help start a church on the west coast! It is amazing what God can do in our lives and in our marriage and in our relationships when we humble ourselves and put the other person's needs and wants above our own.

Application

God first, Kathy second, Eddy last!

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for this couple as they travel across the country from one coast to the other to help start a church to further Your Kingdom. Bless them Lord. Use them for Your glory. Help them make great friends. I pray for their pastor and the rest of their small team. Help them grow this church. Help them model a great marriage for other young couples to see.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 28,29; Galatians 1,2; Psalm 5, Psalm 135; Proverbs 5




No comments: