Thursday, November 23, 2017

It's Not What Goes Into Your Mouth That Defiles You; You Are Defiled By The Words That Come Out Of Your Mouth.

It's Not What Goes Into Your Mouth
That Defiles You; You Are Defiled
By The Words That Come Out Of Your Mouth.
Scripture
Matthew 15
11 It’s not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth.”
15 Then Peter said to Jesus, “Explain to us the parable that says people aren’t defiled by what they eat.”

16 “Don’t you understand yet?” Jesus asked.17 “Anything you eat passes through the stomach and then goes into the sewer. 18 But the words you speak come from the heart—that’s what defiles you.
 19 For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander. 20 These are what defile you. Eating with unwashed hands will never defile you.”
Observation

I read while I was preparing for a sermon last week on giving thanks, called “Putting your attitude of gratitude into action” that we Americans will eat 46 million turkeys, 50 million pies, and consume 4,500 calories today on Thanksgiving!
We are a blessed nation! So for all of us who will make pigs out of ourselves today as we celebrate this special day set aside to give thanks to our God, let us remember that “it is not what goes into our mouth that defiles us; we are defiled by the words that come out of our mouth.”
What is in our hearts is revealed through our mouths – lets be kind and gentle with each other this Thanksgiving!
And it is not enough to have an “attitude of gratitude” … you and I need to stop and give thanks to God for all that He has done for us!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Psalm 19
14 May the words of my mouth
    and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
    O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Psalm 100
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
    go into his courts with praise.
    Give thanks to him and praise his name.

Application

I will be careful with the words that come out of my mouth today and I will not be too worried about how much food goes in it! How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. I give You thanks today for all that You have done for me and my family. We are blessed. I pray for anyone that is reading this blog this morning Lord that may be discouraged. Give them Your joy today. May they sense Your Power and Your Presence right now. Encourage them Lord. Encourage them!
Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 14,15,16



No comments: