Friday, November 17, 2017

You Are Familiar With The Generosity Of Our Master, Jesus Christ. Rich As He Was, He Gave It All Away For Us --- In One Stroke He Became Poor And We Became Rich.

You Are Familiar With The Generosity Of Our Master, Jesus Christ.
Rich As He Was, He Gave It All Away For Us ---
In One Stroke He Became Poor And We Became Rich.
Scripture
2 Corinthians 8:9 (MESSAGE)
You are familiar with the generosity of our Master, Jesus Christ. Rich as he was, he gave it all away for us—in one stroke he became poor and we became rich.
2 Corinthians 8:9
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.
Observation
There was so much that I could have written about in today's chapters in 2 Corinthians! So much good stuff for our souls! I hope that you are taking time to read God's Word everyday. It is a habit. It is one of the best habits that you could ever have in your life. Why not start today and at least commit to spending “5 minutes in your Bible” every day!
Generosity … The Apostle Paul is challenging us this morning to be “cheerful givers”.
Our true wealth can't be measured by how much money we have in the bank, or what kind of house we choose to live in, or what kind of car we choose to drive, or how much stuff we have piled up around us!
No, our true wealth is what we have already sent ahead; it is how much we have waiting for us when we get to Heaven!
Matthew 6
19 “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. 21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.
Luke 12:19-21
19 And I’ll sit back and say to myself, “My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!”’
20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?’
21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”
Application
I will look for ways to be generous in my giving and with my time. How about you?
Matthew 6
33 Seek the Kingdom of God[a] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for being so generous to me. You paid a very high price for me. Help me as I go through this day to be generous and not stingy with my time and with the resources that you have given me. Help me to be a “cheerful giver”. Thank You for giving me so much to be thankful for. I am blessed. Help anyone that is reading this blog that may be struggling financially, or struggling with their health or the health of a loved one. Show them that they can call on You with confidence. Help them Lord.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Corinthians 7,8,9,10



No comments: