Thursday, November 09, 2017

For The Kingdom Of God Is Not Just A Lot Of Talk; It Is Living By God's Power.

For The Kingdom Of God
Is Not Just A Lot Of Talk;
It Is Living By God's Power.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 4
20 For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God’s power.
Observation

The Apostle Paul is so upset with the church at Corinth with all of their divisiveness and-in fighting, with their condoning of sexual immorality within their congregation, and with their personal attacks on Paul's integrity and leadership.

Yet he doesn't give up on them and we shouldn't either! You and I need to set the example of how to live the Christian life.

Remember … there is no such thing as a perfect church.

We can fool some people by how we act on Sunday mornings, but you and I can't fool those who really know us as we live out life Monday thru Saturday.

Talk is cheap.

You and I must walk the walk and not just talk the talk!
Application
I will seek to live my life by the power of God's Holy Spirit. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, it is frustrating to see believers living like people of the world. But I have to remind myself that I am also a sinner and I am capable of doing just what I see others doing. Help me to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. Help me to be the example that I need to be to my children, my grandchildren, my neighbors, to those at church, and to all of those that I come in contact with of what a true Christian should be. Don't let me be a hypocrite.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 34; 1 Corinthians 4,5,6



No comments: