Monday, November 06, 2017

God Is Our Refuge And Strength, Always Ready To Help In Times Of Trouble.

God Is Our Refuge And Strength,
Always
Ready To Help In Times Of Trouble.
Scripture
Psalm 46
1 God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.

2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.

3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! 

Observation
I don't know about you but I am holding on to the word “Always” in Psalm 46:1.
Trouble does not seem to let up these days ... so it is great to know that my God is “always” ready to help me each and every time it comes in my direction!
My heart goes out to my brothers and sisters in Christ of the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, Texas.
None of us are immune to tragic events.
Horrific things unfortunately will come our way, you and I can count on it.
And that is why we need to have God as our refuge and strength, who is “always” ready to help us in times of trouble.
Application
I am praying for the people of the small town of Sutherland Springs.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You are my refuge and strength. I know that You are always ready to help in times of trouble. So I will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! I pray for the people of Sutherland Springs. I pray for the pastor and his wife of this small church who lost their daughter in this mass shooting. Draw all of those touched by this evil senseless event closer to You.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 30; Psalms 120; Galatians 3,4; Psalm 6, Psalm 46; Proverbs 6



No comments: