Saturday, November 11, 2017

O Lord, I Am Calling To You, Please Hurry!

O Lord,
I Am Calling To You,
Please Hurry!
Scripture
Psalm 141
1 O Lord, I am calling to you. Please hurry!
Listen when I cry to you for help!
Observation

I guess that you can tell that I love reading the Psalms! King David cried out to the Lord a lot about the things going on in his life and so do I.

I am encouraged when I read the Psalms and I am sure that is why God placed them right in the middle of our Bibles. If you have a Bible all you have to do is open it up right in the middle and you are in Psalms.

Please Hurry” is what caught my attention this morning! Waiting is hard. It is tough to do. At least it is for this man.

Kathy goes to her brothers Ken's and David's on Sunday afternoons. It is a ritual that Kathy and her brothers and sisters have. Every Sunday afternoon from about 4 – 6pm they get together! I go with Kathy most of the time!

When Kathy gets ready to leave and starts to say goodbye I go and get in the car … and then I wait … and I wait … and I wait!

It used to get me upset and I would drive around the block, run the car up and down the street, (I only honked the horn one time I think), revved the engine up, fumed, but none of that made any difference.

Finally after years of her long goodbyes, I wait … somewhat patiently!

Maybe that is why she calls me “Chief Hurry Up and Wait”.

Kathy's goodbyes remind me of how God works. God is going to respond to me on His schedule not mine.

Just want to make this perfectly clear … Kathy and her siblings have a relationship with each other that is very rare. I am very proud of each and every one of them. They put heart and real meaning into the word “family”.
It is the way brothers and sister should love each other!
Nothing is more important than family!
Application
I will patiently wait on the Lord and patiently wait on Kathy. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me to marry into Kathy's family. They are a blessing. I pray for my own family. I pray for my two sisters and my brother and I pray for their families. Bless them Lord. Thank You for allowing me to have such a good relationship with my brother and my sisters and with Kathy's family. I pray for anyone reading this blog that might have a fractured relationship within his or her family. Help them to get those relationships restored so they don't miss out on what they should be experiencing. Nothing is more important than family!

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 122; 1 Corinthians 9,10,11; Psalm 11, Psalm 41, Proverbs 11; Psalm 141



No comments: