Sunday, November 12, 2017

He Must Increase, But I Must Decrease.

He Must
Increase,
But I Must Decrease.
Scripture
John 3
30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
Observation

Christ centered living chooses to exalt Christ, not self!

That is the point of this morning's Bible study that I have the privilege to lead on Sunday mornings at 9 am!

John the Baptist knew that it was his life mission to point people to Jesus.

When John's disciples came to him to complain that Jesus was drawing larger crowds than John and his disciples were John wasn't bothered.

His response to his disciples is one that you and I should also always have, “He must increase, but I must decrease.
In other words, “Life is not all about me”. Life is all about Jesus Christ and making Him known!
Application
I will focus more on Jesus and less on “myself”. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me have the attitude of John the Baptist. Don't let me worry about who gets the credit for anything. Help me to focus on what is most important … telling people about You and pointing people to Jesus Christ. Don't let me be self absorbed and self centered. It is my desire to see Jesus Christ exalted through my life. Help me to do just that!

Daily Bible Reading: Job 37,38; 1 Corinthians 12; Psalm 12, Psalm 42; Proverbs 12; John 3



No comments: