Saturday, November 18, 2017

I Was Given A Thorn In My Flesh, … Three Different Times I Begged The Lord To Take It Away.

I Was Given A Thorn In My Flesh, …
Three Different Times
I Begged The Lord To Take It Away.
Scripture
2 Corinthians 12
7 … So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.

Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away.
Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.
10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Observation
Maybe you are living with a “thorn in the flesh” right now.
No, I am not talking about your spouse! …
It could be that you like me have had a heart attack or have some other health issue that you deal with on a daily basis. I know that some of you are fighting cancer or have a loved one fighting this battle.
Some of you are taking care of a loved one that can no longer take care of themselves.
Here is a word for you!
My very good friend, Missionary John Seale sent me these words which I will always keep on my refrigerator. These words encourage me when I am down physically and spiritually. John has now gone on to be with Jesus, but his encouraging words and the strength of his life will never ever leave me.
Here is what he wrote to me one day when I was struggling with my own health,
Such difficulties bring many of us to a depth of spiritual oneness and fellowship with our Maker that most believers would not understand.”
And with the quote John sent me this verse: Philippians 1:29 “For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him.”
I will always keep the quote and the verse on my refrigerator!
God does not waste a “hurt”.
If you and I are experiencing a “thorn in the flesh” then God will use the “thorn” to bring us closer to Him … if we let Him.
Application
So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving John Seale and his wife Jeanie to us as our friends. I pray for Jeanie right now. Give her strength to carry on with her life without John by her side. John understood suffering and he had to put up with so much of it while he was here on earth, but he is no longer dealing with pain. Thank You for having John send to me those words of encouragement during a time when I was discouraged. You are a great and mighty God. You are worthy of all praise.

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 124; 2 Corinthians 11,12,13



No comments: