Friday, November 03, 2017

Don't Be Impressed With Your Own Wisdom

Don't Be Impressed
With
Your Own Wisdom
Scripture
Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.

6 Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.

7 Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom.
    Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil.

8 Then you will have healing for your body
    and strength for your bones.

9 Honor the Lord with your wealth
    and with the best part of everything you produce.

10 Then he will fill your barns with grain,
    and your vats will overflow with good wine.

Observation

When you and I live our lives like God does not exist … that is when we can foolishly impress ourselves with our own wisdom!

A truly wise person pays attention to and puts into practice Proverbs 3:5-6.

I don't know about you but I need God's help.

When I have depended on my own understanding that is when I have made some of my biggest blunders!

How about you?
Application
I will trust in the Lord with all my heart. I will not depend on my own understanding. I will seek His will in all that I do. How about you?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, You created me. I am Your child. Help me to depend on You each and every day and not depend on myself. Guide and direct my life. Show me that I can trust You 100% of the time. Don't let me ever think that I can live my life without depending on You. Give me wisdom for everything that I hope to do today.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 25; Mark 13,14; Psalm 3, Psalm 33, Proverbs 3



No comments: