Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Don't You Know That You Know That You Are God's Temple And That God's Spirit Lives In You?

Don't You Know
That You Know That You Are God's Temple
And That God's Spirit Lives In You?
Scripture
1 Corinthians 3:1-3
1 Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in Christ. 2 I had to feed you with milk, not with solid food, because you weren’t ready for anything stronger. And you still aren’t ready, 3 for you are still controlled by your sinful nature.
1 Corinthians 3:16
Don’t you know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you?
Observation
The Christians that made up the church in the city of Corinth were a mess!
It is obvious to me as I read these chapters that the Apostle Paul is totally frustrated with their ungodly behavior.
He told them in 1 Corinthians 3:1 “...when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in Christ.”
Would the Apostle Paul if he were here today be able to talk to us as spiritual people or would he have to talk to us as though we belonged to this world?
I think Paul is telling us that it is time to put on our big boy pants and for you ladies it is time to put on your big girl panties and act like men and women of God.
Application
I will let God's Holy Spirit be in control of my life today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I have been bought with the high price of the blood of Jesus Christ. I know that You expect me to live my life in a way that honors You. Help me to do just that. I pray for anyone reading this blog that also wants to live a godly life. Give them the strength to stay away from stupid sins that would mess up their relationship with You and help them to grow in Christ!
Daily Bible Reading: Job 33; 1 Corinthians 1,2,3



No comments: