Friday, November 10, 2017

I Waited Patiently For The Lord To Help Me, And He Turned To Me And Heard My Cry.

I Waited Patiently
For The Lord To Help Me,
And He Turned To Me And Heard My Cry.
Scripture
Psalm 40
1 I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
and he turned to me and heard my cry.
Observation

Kathy and I live in a home that we have rented for a long time now from a very special friend. In fact, I believe that we have lived in this house longer than we have ever lived any where else.

The owner of the home has been very good to us. So when something breaks I like to fix it or at least I try to fix it. I figure that it is a win/win since God has given me the ability to fix most stuff. Plus I have the time to do it now!

For the past 2 weeks our air conditioner has been out of commission and I have been trying to figure out the problem.

A friend of mine tried to help me over the phone telling me what could be wrong and I know that I totally frustrated him with all of my questions. I replaced the part that he said might be the issue, but that didn't seem to fix it.

But yesterday … I prayed again for help from the Lord and I asked Him to let the thing run … and to my amazement it started running!

It was totally God that fixed it because I still don't have a clue why it stopped and why it started running again except that God answered my prayer!

He heard my cry! God is good … all the time!
Application
I will wait on the Lord. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You were listening to me yesterday when I prayed to You. I know that You hear my prayers and You answer me when I pray. Waiting is not easy, but I am learning what it means to wait on You. Thank You for answering my prayers. Thank You for caring about me and my struggles. You are so good to me. I pray for others that may be reading this blog and that are dealing with brokenness; maybe what is broken is their marriage, or their health, or even something like a broken air conditioner or a car. Lord help them. Show them that they can depend on and trust in You!

Daily Bible Reading: Job 35,36; 1 Corinthians 7,8; Psalm 10, Psalm 40; Proverbs 10



No comments: