Tuesday, November 21, 2017

When Jesus Heard This, He Was Amazed.

When Jesus
Heard This,
He Was Amazed.
Scripture
Matthew 8
5 When Jesus returned to Capernaum, a Roman officer came and pleaded with him, 6 “Lord, my young servant lies in bed, paralyzed and in terrible pain.”

7 Jesus said, “I will come and heal him.”
8 But the officer said, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed.
9 I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, ‘Go,’ and they go, or ‘Come,’ and they come. And if I say to my slaves, ‘Do this,’ they do it.”
10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. 
Observation
I don't know about you, but I want to have this kind of faith!
I love this story!
The Roman officer, a centurion, believed that Jesus could heal his sick and paralyzed servant from a distance.
Jesus offered to go to his home and heal the servant, but the centurion said to Him, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed.”
Who needs for us to talk to Jesus on their behalf?
Lets do it with this kind of amazing faith!
Application
I will pray for people, believing that my God can heal them no matter where they are! How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to have the kind of amazing faith like the centurion had when he asked Jesus to heal his servant. Lord, I know that the only reason that I am still alive today is because so many people prayed for me and You answered their prayers. It was their amazing faith in You that saved me. They refused to give up even when the doctors gave very little hope that I would make it. I am so glad that people did not stop praying for me. Give me that kind of faith! I know that the same Power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead lives in me!

Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 8,9,10



No comments: