Monday, November 20, 2017

That Is Why I Tell You Not To Worry About Everyday Life –

That Is Why
I Tell You
Not To Worry About Everyday Life –
Scripture
Matthew 6
19 “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal.
 20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.
 21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.
24 “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and be enslaved to money.
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?
Observation

Last night I was awake and thinking about things at about 3 in the morning … and yes, I caught myself worrying about everyday life. When I realized it I turned my thoughts to the people that I needed to pray for and immediately I thought of a woman named Helen that I met yesterday. She has been in wheel chair paralyzed from the waist down for the past 5 years, but who told me that she was beginning to have feeling in her legs.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

Don't worry” is not just a suggestion. It is a command.

You and I can't trust and depend on our Heavenly Father to take care of us and worry at the same time. It is one or the other!

I prayed for other people as God brought them to my mind. It may have been that I even prayed for you.

Praying and interceding for those that God brings into our lives is a lot more productive and a lot more important than worrying about our own everyday lives that God has already promised to take care of … if you and I will just let Him.
Application
I will put into practice Philippians 4:6-7 and I will not worry about everyday life. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to worry about my everyday life when there are so many things that I can focus on and pray about instead. Remind me every time that I begin to worry ... to pray. I thank You for Your goodness. You have always taken such good care of us and I know that You always will. Help anyone that is reading this blog today that worries about their future – show them that they can trust and depend in You.
Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 5,6,7



No comments: