Monday, January 27, 2020

A Loud And Cheerful Greeting Early In The Morning Will Be Taken As A Curse!


A Loud And Cheerful Greeting
Early In The Morning
Will Be Taken As A Curse!
Scripture
Proverbs 27
14 A loud and cheerful greeting early in the morning
    will be taken as a curse!
15 A quarrelsome wife is as annoying
    as constant dripping on a rainy day.
16 Stopping her complaints is like trying to stop the wind
    or trying to hold something with greased hands.
17 As iron sharpens iron,
    so a friend sharpens a friend.
Observation
When I read Proverbs 27:14 I thought of a name that Kathy's Dad used to call her when she was a small child. He called her “Sword-tail”! The reason that he called her that was because Kathy as a child was not very friendly when she first got up in the morning! By the way, she is not like that any more!
I threw verses 15-16 in this morning just in case that it might describe you or someone you live with. I hope not! It sure doesn't describe my wife. I have the best wife in the whole world. (Now I will have to make sure that Kathy reads this!)
Proverbs 27:17 hopefully describes you and one of your best friends. I have the chance this week to meet with one of my very good friends and have lunch with him. He reminds me of this verse. I hope that you have a friend or friends that sharpens you!
Application
I will think of other special friends that I can apply Proverbs 27:17 with!
How about you? Maybe you need to spend time with a friend and get 'sharpened' too!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, friendships and relationships are so important. Help me do a better job keeping up with my friends and spending time with them. Show me who needs to be encouraged. Show me who I need to call or write. Thank You for giving me such good friends. I am blessed. I pray that You bless my friends. And I know that You will bring more people into my life in the future and I know that many of them will become special friends too.
I pray for any person reading this blog who may be feeling lonely. Help them Lord to reach out to someone. Help them out of this pit that they find themselves in. Show them that they have value. Bring a friend into his or her life that will help them. Smile on them, Lord.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 17,18,19,20; Acts 3; I added: Proverbs 27



No comments: