Wednesday, January 22, 2020

The Lazy Person Claims, “There's A Lion Out There! If I Go Outside, I Might Be Killed!”


The Lazy Person Claims,
There's A Lion Out There!
If I Go Outside, I Might Be Killed!”
Scripture
Proverbs 22
13 The lazy person claims, “There’s a lion out there!
    If I go outside, I might be killed!”

Observation

On a cold morning like this morning, (yes, in Florida when the temperature gets in the 30's it is cold ... to me) I like to stay under the covers nice and warm and say to Kathy, “There's a lion out there!”, and stay inside the covers for a little while longer. By the way, I didn't do that this morning, but as I read Proverbs 22 it reminded me of where I got that expression!

This morning I also started reading in Exodus about Moses and the burning bush and God calling Moses to lead God's people out of Egypt. Moses had excuses why he couldn't do it, but God wasn't going to change His mind. He knew Moses was the man for the job!
I also read in Luke this morning about Peter's failure, when he denied knowing Christ three times, even though he had just told Jesus that he would never deny him.
God didn't give up on Moses, He didn't give up on Simon Peter, and I know that He is not going to give up on me either!
And I know that God is not going to give up on you!
Application
I will not make excuses when God asks me to do something.
How about you? “There's a lion out there” … isn't going to work!”
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I am not perfect. I know that I am far from perfect, but making excuses for why I don't do something is just that – an excuse. I know that You don't want to hear excuses from me. I know that You want obedience. Help me Lord to serve You with all of my heart. Help me when I don't think that I can do something. I know that nothing is too hard for You. In Your strength I can do all things.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 3,4,5; Luke 22; I added: Proverbs 22



No comments: